Sustainable Shaving Kit | Reusable Safety Razor, Storage Pouch and Blades *PREORDER FOR MAY*
*MATTE ROSE GOLD IS ON PREORDER FOR MID MAY DELIVERY*
1x Reusable Safety Razor (colour of your choice)
20x Replacement razor blades
1x Organic Cotton Razor Storage Pouch
Save 10% when buying this as a kit!
Ladies and gents, we get it - reducing your waste in the bathroom can be hard! It's almost overwhelming having to sift through the excessive number of plastic wrapped, single-use beauty and bathroom products on your journey towards a less wasteful lifestyle.
Well, at Kappi we've got your zero waste bathroom essentials covered. Razors are one of the largest contributors to disposable, non-recyclable plastic waste in the bathroom.
Get yourself started with our beautiful safety razor for waste-free, silky-smooth shaving that is guaranteed to reduce ingrown hairs.
How do I replace the blades?
Check out our how-to below (Matte Gold used in video).
How to use your new Safety Razor:
- Unpack your safety razor.
- With dry hands, hold onto either side of the razor head and unscrew the handle anti-clockwise to loosen. The base will disconnect from the head.
- Once the razor is disassembled, carefully unwrap the blade and place it onto the head of the razor.
- After the blade is in place, reassemble the razor by screwing the handle clockwise to tighten.
- Get shaving! For a smooth shave, we recommend soaking your skin with warm water, using a shave cream/gel/oil (or bar of soap) and take it slow! Be especially careful when shaving around ankles, knees etc. Use your razor on an angle (different for different areas) and apply very little to zero pressure.
- Once the blade begins to dull, replace your blade and put your used blade in a glass jar to store and eventually recycle.
Why Switch to Safety Razors?
In the US alone it is estimated that over 2-billion razor blade heads are thrown out every year. What makes this statistic even worse is that modern shaving cartridges are constructed of so much rubber and plastic that they cannot be recycled. So while you're enjoying the smoothest, irritation free shave of your life, rest easy knowing that you're not contributing to this statistic. We've also written a blog post on why you should make the switch! Click here to have a read!
How do Safety Razors prevent ingrowns?
Modern multi-blade razors cause ingrowns by tugging and pulling at your hair before eventually cutting the hair follicle below the skin level. As the hair regrows, many of the hair follicles become ingrowns. Not so with safety razors which glide smoothly over your skin and cut the hair follicles at the skin level, ensuring you have the smoothest shave of your life - without the ingrowns!
Safety Razor vs. Modern Razor - A cost comparison.
The cost of our safety razors is truly a reflection of their quality. The genius of modern day shaving companies is that they make a loss on the shaver handle and make a HUGE profit on the replacement blades. So while modern razors blades seem cheap by comparison, over time they end up costing you big time. Compared to modern multi-blade cartridge heads costing around $3 per head, the Kappi safety razor uses traditional double-sided razor blades that only cost around 20-cents - around 15 times cheaper than the modern equivalent.
Where can I buy replacement blades?
We sell blades online here or you can buy blades online - simply Google 'double edge safety razor blades' or better yet use Ecosia - the search engine that plants trees!
Are Bamboo Toothbrushes Biodegradable and Home Compostable?
The handle is yes! See below for info on the bristles.
Are bamboo toothbrush bristles biodegradable?
There are currently three types of bristles used in bamboo toothbrushes - Nylon, Boar and Biodegradable Vegan bristles.
- Boar (pig) bristles are 100% biodegradable, however they're often obtained as by-products of the Chinese meat market and can pose serious ethical questions regarding treatment of animals.
- Biodegradable vegan bristles are made from derivatives of castor oil. They are 100% biodegradable, however the bristles start breaking down within 10-14 days of use making them poor value for our customers.
- Nylon bristles. After much research and sample testing Kappi opted for Nylon bristles for their durability and value. We recommend snapping the head off your old toothbrush when it's time to change.
Shipping and Returns
All orders placed are sent next business day from our Melbourne warehouse.
- Free Shipping for all orders over $75
- Flat Rate $8 for orders under $75
- Express Shipping $14
- Free Shipping for orders over $200
- Flat rate $30 for all orders under $200
- All items can be returned/exchanged within 100-days of delivery