Q: How many cloth nappies will I need?
A: Here are our recommendations:
- 8 to 10 cloth nappies for part-time use of 2-3 per day.
- 12 to 18 cloth nappies for full-time day use of 4-6 per day.
- 24 to 28 cloth nappies for full time use both day and night.
Q: How do you wash cloth nappies?
A: It’s surprisingly easy once you get started:
- Remove solids
Drop poo in the loo and store the used cloth nappy in a dry pail (bucket)
- Pre-wash cycle
Run a pre-wash cycle 40-60 degrees with detergent every 1-2 days. Store nappy in a dry pail until the main wash.
- Main-wash cycle
Run a long main-wash cycle 40-60 degrees with detergent every 2-3 days.
- Hang to dry
Air dry nappies or use a tumble dryer.
Q: How do you use cloth nappies when out and about?
A: All it takes is a little preparation and a couple of accessories including:
- A wet bag to conceal used nappies until you get home.
- A travel change mat to create a hygienic change spot for bubs.
- And don’t forget the clean nappies and wipes!
More from: Sustainable Living