For us at Kappi, smoothies are the ultimate kick start to the day! We're constantly on the go, so smoothies make sure that we're getting enough protein and energy for the day even while rushing out the door. We especially love being able to sneak some greens and healthy goodies in there- such an easy way to make sure you're eating a healthy and balanced diet.
We especially love to throwing plans to the wind and often create smoothies by chucking in whatever is in the fridge, it's makes us feel creative, but it's also a great way to ensure you're not wasting produce.
A zero-waste kitchen is all about introducing dynamic ingredients and being flexible with what’s in season. Think of these recipes as templates – one you can expand, experiment, and innovate on.
Summer Fruits Green Ginger Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple or mango chunks!
- 1/2 ripe banana, frozen
- fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice
Chocolatey Oats and Coffee Smoothie
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of almond (or other plant based butter)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large frozen banana
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Coconut + Blueberry Chia Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon plant based protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of coconut chips or flakes
Don't forget to sip sustainably - you can shop our range of reusable gold straws here.
Do you have any favourite smoothie recipes? We'd love to hear them!