Reusable Safety Razor - Matte Rose Gold
Meet the Kappi Safety Razor. Modern, sleek and durable with a firm focus on reducing our collective environmental footprint, our safety razor represents everything we stand for at Kappi.
Now you too can enjoy the smoothest, irritation-free shave of your life while using the best looking safety razor on the market.
Included with every razor is a 10-pack of replacement razor blade which should last around 70 shaves (5-7 shaves per blade).
- 1x Reusable Safety Razor - Matte Rose Gold
- 5 x Replacement razor blades (approx 35 shaves)
How do I change the blades?
Check out our how-to below (Matte Gold used in the video).
How to use your new Safety Razor:
- Unpack your safety razor.
- With dry hands, hold onto either side of the razor head and unscrew the handle anti-clockwise to loosen. The base will disconnect from the head.
- Once the razor is disassembled, carefully unwrap the blade and place it onto the head of the razor.
- After the blade is in place, reassemble the razor by screwing the handle clockwise to tighten.
- Get shaving! For a smooth shave, we recommend soaking your skin with warm water, using a shave cream/gel/oil (or bar of soap) and take it slow! Be especially careful when shaving around ankles, knees etc. Use your razor on an angle (different for different areas) and apply very little to zero pressure.
- Once the blade begins to dull, replace your blade and put your used blade in a glass jar to store and eventually recycle.
- If you're still a little nervous about making the switch to a Safety Razor, you can read our full guide here
What are our Safety Razors made from?
Our razors are made from a Brass Alloy (comprised of Brass and Zinc). We chose this material for its durability and corrosion resistance. Looked after properly, they should last a lifetime!The razor's colour comes from electroplating, which means it is not a 'surface' colour and will not wear off over time.
Why Switch to Safety Razors?
In the US alone it is estimated that over 2-billion razor blade heads are thrown out every year. What makes this statistic even worse is that modern shaving cartridges are constructed of so much rubber and plastic that they cannot be recycled. So while you're enjoying the smoothest, irritation free shave of your life, rest easy knowing that you're not contributing to this statistic. We've also written a blog post on why you should make the switch! Click here to have a read!
How do Safety Razors prevent ingrowns?
Modern multi-blade razors cause ingrowns by tugging and pulling at your hair before eventually cutting the hair follicle below the skin level. As the hair regrows, many of the hair follicles become ingrowns. Not so with safety razors which glide smoothly over your skin and cut the hair follicles at the skin level, ensuring you have the smoothest shave of your life - without the ingrowns!
Safety Razor vs. Modern Razor - A cost comparison.
The cost of our safety razors is truly a reflection of their quality. The genius of modern day shaving companies is that they make a loss on the shaver handle and make a HUGE profit on the replacement blades. So while modern razors blades seem cheap by comparison, over time they end up costing you big time. Compared to modern multi-blade cartridge heads costing around $3 per head, the Kappi safety razor uses traditional double-sided razor blades that only cost around 20-cents - around 15 times cheaper than the modern equivalent.
Where can I buy replacement blades?
We sell blades online here or you can buy blades online - simply Google 'double edge safety razor blades' or better yet use Ecosia - the search engine that plants trees!
Shipping and Returns
All orders placed are sent next business day from our Melbourne warehouse.
- Free Shipping for all orders over $75
- Flat Rate $8 for orders under $75
- Express Shipping $14
- Free Shipping for orders over $200
- Flat rate $30 for all orders under $200
- All items can be returned/exchanged within 100-days of delivery